Friday, May 18, 2012

It's A Dog's Life: To Be A Hard Life




It's a dog's life: You describe your life as a dog's life, when you are saying that you work very hard in order to survive or your life is very miserable because you have very few pleasures.
___________________________________________________________________



http://www.mirror.co.uk




Vocabulary 
  • A newshound  is a journalist who collects a lot of information.
  • To sniff out stories is the same as finding out stories.
  • To strut into means to walk in a very confident way.
  • "bark out orders" means to give orders.
  • As far as I'm concerned means as far as I know.
     
   Phrases
    • It's a dog's life having to work under those conditions.
    • As far as I know, he leads a dog's life.
    • Shes is leading a dog's life since she married her husband.
    • As far as I'm concerned, she's been leading a dog's life.


I hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...